Manchester United host Chelsea on Sunday in a game that could go a long way in determining who finishes in the final Champions League place.
The two sides have endured some patchy form in recent weeks with Man Utd on a disappointing two-game losing streak in the Premier League while Chelsea lost at Liverpool and dropped points at home to Burnley in their last game.
The stats show that this will be a much closer match than either team’s set of fans would like.
– Chelsea have lost on their last two trips to Old Trafford, conceding two goals to Man Utd in each of those games.
– Manchester United are favourite opponents for the Blues who have won more games against the Red Devils than any other team has managed against them in the Premier League.
– Chelsea have lost all four away games in matches against the other ‘big six teams’ this season.
– Manchester United have not won at home in matches against the other ‘big six teams’ this season.
– Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante has scored nine goals in in his four seasons with Leicester and Chelsea, and has only scored more than once against Man Utd.
– Chelsea have won six Premier League games at Old Trafford under six different managers.
– Eden Hazard has been involved in 29 goals in the Premier League this season (16 goals, 13 assists), more than any other player.
– Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is the only player, who doesn’t play for either Manchester City or Liverpool to make it into the PFA team of the year.
– Anthony Martial is looking to become only the third Man Utd player to score home and away goals in the same season against Chelsea (after Wayne Rooney in 2011-12 and Eric Cantona in 1992-93) after scoring twice at Stamford Bridge.
– Man Utd have failed to score in their last three matches and could go four games without a goal for the first time since 1992.
Kick-Off is at 3:30pm